Thursday, October 8, 2009

Laundry...BLAH

OK OK I admit I am not gifted in the area of laundry. I would love to say I have it all together and my laundry is up to date, but ever since my 4th child it has been a war I am unable to conquer, and then my 5th came along and BOOM! My mother-in law and my Mum both love laundry, in fact my mother when I was young would have me take the clothes I was wearing off, just so she could wash them, oh and because she NEEDED a full load (its an aussie thing)! So as I sit here typing to you I am looking at a pile of laundry the size of Mount Everest, and you know the sad part is doesn't seem to bother me too much....there I said it. Although thinking about it I would love some ideas on how you super laundry Moms that happen to enjoy the washing/drying/folding and oh lets not forget to mention the putting away, schedule in your laundry time?

Yet another rambling post of Bon Bon
Cheerio friendsxo

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie - you are a funny girl!
    I learned to love laundry when one day I realized that I could have less laundry. Having laundry for this many means I am blessed with this many. I just thankful for all of it!
    Practically, I enlist my children's help. They can put away EVERYTHING - I wash, they get out of dryer, fold/hang-up and put away. Works most of time for us. Love, s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do laundry only 2 days a week. It works for me because I'm more focused on remembering to stay with changing the loads, getting stuff out of the dryer before it wrinkles, etc. Then sometime that day I reward myself with getting to watch a show or something as I fold all the loads I've done that day. Then when the show's done I put it all away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do exactly what Erin & Sheri do. Try it - it's liberating. And who cares if the youngins' don't hang their shirts as neatly as you would?! At least your sanity won't be as wrinkled. When I was asingle mom I had a perpetual pile of laundry in the living room. My Bible study ladies would fold it for me wwhile we studied the Word. Glory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for these great ideas!! Kim, I may just start having group at my house;)

    ReplyDelete